Aside from the fact that midterms are already starting next week, the weather has been nice and the workload hasn’t been too bad quite yet. Definitely not looking forward to our midterms next week, and DEFINITELY not looking forward to the accounting exam RIGHT AFTER ST.PATTIES.
More than 30 Russian track and field athletes withdrew from competition after drug testers arrived to test them for PED use. This isn’t the first time this has happened with Russian athletes, as a number of Russian athletes have already been banned from representing their country in the upcoming winter olympics. The Moscow Times notes, “Russia has a checkered history with the use of banned performance-enhancing drugs by its athletes, a legacy of the Soviet Union backed by historical evidence and testing records.” DJ SMALLZ and DJ TANG definitely don’t really understand why athletes are still doping when there are regular checks in place to make sure that it doesn’t happen.
A Pair of Balls in Lithuania
In case you missed it, LaMelo and LiAngelo Ball have been playing pro basketball in Lithuania for some time now, and with mixed success. In Big Baller Brand Challenge games (games organized by Lavar Ball against admittedly lesser competition), the ball brothers have balled out, playing extremely well in those games, although in league games (against actual competition) they have been on restricted minutes, and have underperformed.
Both players are still very young, and have lots of time for development before they look to be drafted into the NBA. We certainly hope that they make the NBA and prove all the haters wrong.
Ever After Music Festival
If you are anything like DJ SMALLZ and DJ TANG, then you love to go to festivals, and an event that we are definitely looking forward to this summer is Ever After, an EDM music festival in the K/W region taking place in June. They recently released their artist lineup for this year and it definitely has us PUMPED. The lineup is definitely more dubstep and trap focused, with names like Flux Pavilion, Doctor P, Snails, Slander, Illenium, 12th Planet, and Borgore on the list. If dubstep isn’t really your thing, there are also some tech and G House artists on the lineup as well, including Claude Vonstroke, Dombresky and Drezo. DJ TANG is definitely going to get his ticket as soon as possible, as this is an event that he definitely not going to miss!
Festivals are definitely lots of fun and an experience that I would recommend to everyone, but there are some things that you should keep in mind before going. There is lots of preparation that you can do to ensure that you have the best festival experience possible!
- BRING LOTS OF WATER!!! I highly recommend investing in a Camelbak. They are super lightweight and carry a ton of water, are super convenient and they save you lots of trips to the water refill stations!
- If you do choose to take MDMA or any other substance, GET IT TESTED OR BE 100% SURE THAT IT IS SAFE. You don’t know where your pill is coming from, so it is better to be safe than sorry. Many festivals now offer testing stations.
- Try not to take water from strangers – You never know what they might’ve put in it.
- Try to stick with your friends, but don’t freak out if you get separated! Everyone is super friendly and it’s a great way to make new friends and make new connections
- Bring a portable charger! Festivals are all day events and you don’t want to get caught with a dead phone and not be able to reach anyone if you need help
- Wear sensible clothing! You’re going to be dancing all day, so wearing proper footwear and something breathable is key!
SONG OF THE WEEK: