Back at it again after a peaceful reading week, DJRC and I continued Power Hour into its fourth show, bringing with us some great new tunes, and some funny stories as well.
Carry Me Home Buddy
Seeing as it was Thursday, we thought, what better time for a little throwback story? Immediately after hearing our musical idol, Aloe Blacc, on Tiesto’s new song “Carry You Home,” we were inspired to tell a little story that involved Blacc himself. A couple of years ago DJRC and I visited a buddy’s cottage for the weekend. Both of us lads were under the influence. We ended up getting lost in the forest. I guarantee it would have been a lot scarier if we were sober, but seeing as we were both feeling “lifted,” we proceeded to carry each other arm in arm trying to find a light from the cottage. We did this all while singing Aloe Blacc’s, “The Man” at the top of our lungs. Thank heavens we ended up finding the cottage, it was November and it was probably nearing zero degrees. Definitely one of the highlights of our friendship.
To Date or Not to Date
DJRC and I always like to keep a little dating vibe in our show, and with cuffing szn in the works, RC and I decided to weigh the pros and cons of dating in university. RC took the stance that dating should be fun and that university relationships should not be too serious in case a bad breakup occurs that makes you run the risk of an awkward bump into your ex. I, on the other hand, think that there’s really no point in dating unless you see yourself with the person long term. RC also thought that dating girls from either Laurier or UW would be key in maintaining a solid relationship, but I would be open to something a long distance.
Top 5ive Top 5ive Top 5ive
Over the reading week, DJRC and I really missed some of our Waterloo pizza spots. In honour of our reunion with them, here are our top five zaaaaaaa spots.
03. Papa John’s
05. Frozen (RC’s pick not mine)
01. When I’m Around U – BURNS
02. Hallucinations – dvsn
03. Thief – Ookay
04. Carry You Home – Tiesto (ft. Stargate & Aloe Blacc)
05. Rockstar – Post Malone (ft. 21 Savage)
06. Gasolina – Daddy Yankee (Blasterjaxx Bootleg)
07. Goosebumps – Travis Scott (NGHTMRE Remix)
08. Too Good at Goodbyes – Stan Smith (Snakehips Remix)
09. OMG – Camila Cabello (ft. Quavo)
10. Jetlag – Brooks, Mike Williams – My Pick for EDM Song of the Year
11. Danza Kuduro – Don Omar (ft. Lucenzo)
12. Falling – Alesso (BROHUG Remix)