It was ladies’ night in the studio, as DJ Winks had to go in to work. It wasn’t just any Monday though, it was DJ Nix’s 23rd #jumpman birthday. In keeping with this theme, she and DJ Deej discussed all sorts of facets of birthdays, and played selections from Nix’s birthday playlist.
1. POK Saturdays: Could they be the new Tuesday? In celebration of Nix’s birthday, the ladies and DJ Winks (amongst significant others and friends) made their way to the Pub on King. Deej and Winks got there by 9:20, and waited for 40 minutes to get in. DJ Deej was especially surprised because she made her way there on the very first day of classes, at the same time, and walked in. Is this a sign that times are changing? Perhaps.
2. Hangover Cures: Water, PB & banana, Tim Horton’s Iced Capps and buttery Cheddar Cheese bagels, McDonald’s Iced Coffee and Jr. Chicken sandwich.
3. Go-To Drink Orders: DJ Nix likes her Vodka Crans these days. DJ Deej likes to go for the pitcher specials, or a pint of Stella Artois if she’s feeling fancy.
4. Presents: The expectation for them is non-existent, it’s more about who you spend it with than what they spend on you.
This week’s track list is as follows:
- “In Da Club” – 50 Cent
- “Scrape” – Gucci Mane
- “Whole Lotta Money” – Rich the Kid
- “All Night” – The Vamps x Matoma
- “This Is How We Do It” – Montell Jordan
- “Party Up” – DMX
- “Santeria” – Sublime
- “Island in the Sun” – Weezer
- “Magnets” – Disclosure ft. Lorde
- “California” – Wave
Mondays from 10-11 p.m. Tune in, and turn up.