(EXAMPLE OF IN-DEPTH BLOG)
Drake and Future finished off their second Summer Sixteen show in Atlanta last night, by bringing out hometown favorites Gucci Mane, Young Thug and Usher.
While there may not be a flying stage, Drake and Futures Summer Sixteen tour has been shaping up to be a “can’t miss” showcase of special guests. In Chicago, the pair brought out Kanye West; in Detroit, they brought out Eminem; and in Ohio, the one and only Lebron James. Considering that Atlanta is Future’s home town, its no surprise the city was blessed with two tour dates, and a chance to see four of the cities most popular artists join the stage.
During the first night in Atlanta, Drake and Future started things off with a bang by bringing out Gucci Mane, and 2 Chainz. With the bar set high, fans expected another big night from the What a Time to Be Alive rappers, and they did not disappoint. During the second night of their stop in Atlanta, Drake and Future welcomed Gucci Mane back to the stage, but this time accompanied by Young Thug, and Usher who performed their new single “No Limit”. With some of the cities biggest names all sharing one stage, the crowd could barely keep it together. Check out some of the reactions and videos below.
Still in shock that Drake brought out Gucci, Young Thug, AND Usher
— Tay (@taythigpen) August 27, 2016
In ATL! Saw @Drake + @1future last night who brought out @Usher @youngthug + @gucci1017. It was lit!!! ✨
— Kelsey Leonard (@kelseyyleonard) August 27, 2016
With Miami next in the Summer Sixteen schedule, all focus shifts to the sunshine state. Considering Rick Ross’s most recent comments regarding Drake and Meek Mill’s beef, its likely Drake and Future won’t be bringing the big man out, however that shouldn’t effect what’s sure to be another memorable two nights in Miami.
Songs Played This Week:
“Jumpman” – Drake & Future
“Big Rings” – Drake & Future
“Live From the Gutter” – Drake & Future
“Scholarships” – Drake & Future
“Don’t” – Bryson Tiller
“Let Me Explain” – Bryson Tiller
“Goosebumps” – Travis Scott Ft. Kendrick Lamar
“Nikes” – Frank Ocean
(Original article written for RESPECT. Magazine by TJ Mroz – August, 28, 2016)
Your role reaches beyond the studio as a member of the Radio Laurier DJ team. You have the opportunity to contribute to our web content as a blogger. There are a few rules to follow, but at the same time, remember to have fun with it! Treat life good, and it’ll treat you good back.
Things you MUST do:
- Sort show into correct category (every show now has one) (only 1 category)
- Set featured image + add image into post (can be the same)
- Include track list (helpful for those who missed, required by music assistants for charting)
- Insert show title + something consistent (e.g. Week 09 or Episode 09)
- PROOFREAD before publishing
- Add proper tags (only names)
- Say correct/full name before using nicknames (Meek Mill > Meeky Mouse or Drake > 6God)
- Post within 24 hours after show airs (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
Things you SHOULD do:
- Bold artist names on first mention
- Album/mixtape names bold and italicized on first mention; just italicized following
- Tour names capitalized (Legend of the Fall, HIHORSE’d, Summer Sixteen Tour)
- Insert links, embed tracks & videos (YouTube, Soundcloud, Apple Music, etc).
- Add “Suggested Article” section at bottom of post (link fellow RL blog posts)
- Share your blog on personal social media and tag Radio Laurier
Things you NEVER do:
- Curse – if you’re quoting inappropriate language from an artist use *** for rest of word (i.e. s***, f***)
- Slander (if it’s a personal opinion, make that clear)
- Post inappropriate material or photos
- Remove credit (i.e. if you cite an article or quote, insert the link)
(Written by Khadijah Plummer & TJ Mroz )