DJ Deej and DJ S-Goods were joined in the studio by 4th year student, Jacob Winkler. He went by the name DJ Stretch for the evening, and had a great first run on the air. The girls asked him a few questions, and this is what he said:
- Where are you from?
- I’m from Waterloo!
- Why did you want to be here tonight?
- Well, DJ Deej invited me and I wanted to take the chance to get involved with the Radio Laurier community. I really wanted to be here.
- What are you involved in at school?
- I’m in a bunch of Intramurals, and I play both volleyball and soccer, and I ref volleyball.
- What are Ontario Science Games, and how do you get involved?
- It’s a weekend where you go away to a university; this year it’s at McMaster. You participate in academic games, team building, and spirit activities, and then you go out on the Saturday night. A bunch of my friends were doing it, and we’re in 4th year, so we figured “why not?” It’s my first time going, and I’m definitely looking forward to it. You don’t have to be in Science to be a part of it. It’s still fairly new, but they will put out stuff around campus and then you just sign up!
As a hobby, DJ Stretch likes to play around with software and apps like Photoshop and Garage Band. Here is a logo he made for us, for fun:
The three played a few rounds of Would You Rather, and all agreed that they would abandon phones and Internet if given the chance, and the girls would rather people show up at their funerals than weddings. DJ Stretch definitely wants to return for a second show, and even said that he wouldn’t mind having his own show on Radio Laurier someday. We shall see what happens!
This week’s track list is as follows; all DJ Stretch’s choices:
- Do Or Die – Flux Pavilion ft. Childish Gambino
- What’s Hatnin’ – Justin Bieber ft. Future
- I Took A Pill in Ibiza (SeeB Remix) – Mike Posner
- Be Real – Kid Ink ft. Dej Loaf
- Geronimo – Clinton Sparks ft. Ty Dolla $ign, T-Pain, and Sage the Gemini
- Gold Rush (Cash Cash x Gazzo Remix) – Clinton Sparks ft. 2 Chainz, Macklemore, D.A.
- I Mean It – G-Eazy ft. Remo
- Just What I Am – Kid Cudi ft. King Chip
- Low Life – Future ft. The Weeknd
- The Hills (RL Grime Remix) – The Weeknd
Tuesdays from 10-11 p.m. Tune in, and turn up.