Hello once again people! A very Happy Valentine’s Day to you all from DJ Throwback! I tried keeping the the show around today’s theme so most of the songs I played, including the throwbacks, were kind of sort of along similar lines. Achievement right? I know I’m proud of it too :’)
It had been extremely cold for a couple weeks now and it honestly felt like we were being pelted with at least a couple cm of snow literally every single day. So glad that this week’s been better. And the forecast predicts next week to be even better! Apparently all temperatures in the plus! Sucks for me though cuz I’m going away. The morning I leave will be feeling like -16, but we’re not sure how it’ll be when I’m back- since a week is tad far to predict correctly. That said, I know that with my luck, the day I come back it’ll just freeze right back up again. Greaaaaaaaaat. However, the music was not hot and cold, from Michael Jackson to Hedley– I tried my very best to have an upbeat show, while carrying on today’s theme as much as possible.
After my Billboard Top 10 update, I did continue the segment where I debunk some common myths- generally stuff most people believe. Here are the myths that were debunked this week:
- Humans have 5 senses: MYTH! Sight, hear, smell, taste, and touch- that’s all right? Nope. Along with balance, temperature, time, nociception (sense of pain), among a few others also exist. They’re just not as commonly discussed as the former 5, unfortunately.
- Microwaves give you cancer : MYTH! Microwaves heat food. Period. Too much of the rays from a microwave could potentially, but too much sun can cause skin cancer too, but for a regular person, microwaves aren’t a huge problem- use away!
- Swallowing a piece of gum takes 7 years to digest: MYTH! Big one here- And you gotta be careful with the way you take it, too. If, on occasion you swallow a piece of gum, it passes through your body just the way all foods that your body doesn’t require, pass. That said, if it’s swallowed along with a bunch of other things that are harmful themselves (coins, small objects, etc.), then and in only that case, yes it unfortunately won’t digest.
And that, along with a funny weird Wednesday article, was it for today. Thank you all for tuning in- I’m definitely glad I brought back all the segments back; makes for a fun show and debunking myths have actually taught me a lot, to be honest. Again, a happy Valentine’s Day, enjoy the day with that someone special. I’ll catch you guys all again in 2 weeks! To all those having midterms like me, all the very best, do not settle for an L! I hope today’s show helped maybe make that dreaded early walk to class a little less crazy. I hope today’s show helped maybe make the walk to class a little less crazy. Remember to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @RLMorningShow. Take care, stay classy, DJ Throwback Out.
- Right Now (Na Na Na)- Akon
- I wanna love you- Akon ft. Snoop Dogg
- Young Love- Chris Brown
- Forever- Chris Brown
- Pretty Young Thing (P.Y.T.)- Michael Jackson
- Glad you came- The Wanted
- Break your heart- Taio Cruz ft. Ludacris
- Treasure- Bruno Mars
- Whatcha say- Jason Derulo
- It girl- Jason Derulo
- Down- Jay Sean ft. Lil’ Wayne
- Take my breath away- Berlin
- Find Your Love- Drake
- Take Care- Drake
- Something just like this- The Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay
- Don’t Wanna Know- Maroon 5 ft. Kendrick Lamar
- Sugar- Maroon 5
- Attention- Charlie Puth
- Marvin Gaye- Charlie Puth ft. Meaghan Trainor
- Marching bands- Neon Dreams ft. Kardinal Offishall
- Hello- Hedley
- One last time- Ariana Grande
- Locked out of Heaven- Bruno Mars