Top 10 Bizarre Musician Deaths
This week we brought you ten musicians who passed on in mysterious, controversial and odd ways. Here’s the list of our picks with a summary of the bizarre and whacky ways in which they met their makers.
1. Buddy Holly – Not Fade Away: Plane Crash
2. Keith Relf (The Yardbirds) – For Your Love: Electrocution from his electric guitar
3. Steve Peregrin Took (Tyrannosaurus Rex) – The Slider: Choked on a cocktail cherry
4. Dennis Wilson (The Beach Boys) – I’m Waiting For the Day: Drowned after diving of his yacht
5. Marvin Gaye – God is Love: Shot by his father on his birthday
6. Elvis Presley – Burning Love: Died on the toilet in his Graceland mansion
7. Mike Edwards (Electric Light Orchestra) – Evil Woman: Car was hit by a falling bail of hay
8. Terry Kath (Chicago) – Hard To Say I’m Sorry: Shot himself with a gun he thought was unloaded
9. Gram Parsons (The Byrds) – Mr. Tambourine Man: Died from an overdose and his remains were stolen from LAX
10. Cass Elliot – It’s Getting Better – Died of a heart attack in her sleep
Check out this clip from the mockumentary This Is Spinal Tap where the guys of the band discuss their need for a never ending supply of drummers who keep meeting interesting fates.