G’day radio listeners!
DJ Kpop is here for the blog! Recapping the show of the day!
Laurier events going on today are Office of Aboriginal InitiativesCreative Native MONDAYS 5pm – 8pm. Aboriginal Student Centre, 187 Albert Street. NO COST FOR STUDENTS. Fall semester join us for Moc Mondays! Learn to bead, making vamps for a Laurier Sister’s in Spirit exhibit, then beading your own vamps and making your own mocs! (Limited spaces- contact Laurier).Students can still drop-in and bring crafts they are currently working on or start something new. Make gifts, work on regalia- IT’S UP TO YOU! NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY! Study Skills & S.I. Centre has the event Getting Started: Time Management and Learning Styles. This event is going on from 5pm- 6:20pm at BA210 (Bricker Acdemic) and it’s free.What you will learn: the importance of assessing your time requirements, prioritizing tasks, and scheduling your time; your learning preferences and how they can be used to study more effectively. Practical exercises included.What to bring: your time management tools (e.g. Smartphone, agenda – paper or digital, monthly calendar) and a laptop if you have one.
1. Log into MyLearningSpace
2. Select “Self Registration” on the top right of the screen, and
3. Select and enroll in Study Skills Workshops,
4. Then select the workshops you want to register for.
KW events going on today are Ties and Tails in Support of the Kitchener Waterloo Humane Society. It is happening at St George Banquet Hall 665 King Street North from 7pm-9:45pm.The Kitchener Waterloo Humane Society hosts a fun evening with lots of laughter! Ted Morris a Yuk Yuks comedian and small animal vet will be performing! Your evening includes a complimentary glass of wine, hors d’ouevres, silent auction, raffle for a Gourmet Getaway week-end at Langdon Hall and great door prizes.Individual tickets: $50.00 each email email@example.com to get tickets! Free Meditation Sitting is going on from 7:30-8:45pm at Grand River Unitarian Congregation Building 299 Sidney Street South.Whether you are new to meditation or are an old hand, and irregardless of your religious affiliation, you are welcome to join us.
Entertainment news for the day Insidious Chapter 2′ Scares Up Record Opening. The film was $41.1 million in estimated ticket sales for Insidious Chapter 2, about $10 million more than expected, and a September record for a horror debut or a live-action debut. I can’t say I am a fan of Insidious series but congrats to the film for the money it made!
The how- to for the day was… how to avoid getting sick! Here are your 7 tips,
How to avoid getting sick.
- Carry hand sanitizer and use it! Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid using common areas. Like railings on stair ways, keyboards, door knobs. Also Do the fist pound instead of handshake
- Clean your jackets, gloves, and hats. Many people don’t think do this except for at the beginning or the end of the season (if at all) but outerwear can trap a lot of pollutants, dirt, and germs. Dry clean coats maybe once a month and wash hats and gloves regularly.
4. Do yoga and meditate. Helps release toxins .Never underestimate the healing powers of yoga and meditation! Continuing a strong yoga practice helps with releasing toxins from the body and strengthens mind and body. Meditating helps cultivate an internal strength that can take on the harsh winter elements.
5. Avoid alcohol and dairy. As much as I love having a drink and having milk in my coffee, I try to avoid both. Alcohol can weaken the immune system and dairy can irritate an already sore throat.
6.Don’t touch your face throughout the day.
7. Get rest!
Our holidays of the day are Mexican Independence Day, National Pay Doh Day, Working Parents day! Today in history 2012 – NHL locks out its players after the expiry of the collective bargaining agreement. Celeb bdays are NICK JONAS 21, IAN HARDING 27, B.B. KING 88, MARC ANTHONY 45 and AMY POEHLER 42.
That’s all for the show today!
Hope you guys keep warm and tune in tomorrow for the next Morning Show.