Hello radio listeners!
DJ Kpop is here for the blog! Recapping the show for you!
KW happenings in happening this rainy Monday are Scotia Bank Charity Fundraiser. It is happening at Shops at Highland & Westmount 563 Highland Rd. West from 6pm-8pm. Scotia Bank is hosting a charity BBQ in support of KidsAbility WaterlooRegion. There will be classic car show and Show & Shine. Princess Cinema Twin has films The Way, Way Back playing at 2:15pm 6:50pm 9:00pm,20 Feet From Stardom playing at 7:00pm, The Heat playing at 8:35pm and Turbo play at 2:00pm. Original Princess has the film Blue Jasmine playing at 7:00pm and 9:00pm.
Entertainment news I chatted about was the MTV VMA’s. There was some amazing performances by Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Macklemore and so on. Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke performance was a lil too much for me and just down right confusing! Miley is loosing her marbles if you ask me. The show over all I wasn’t impressed with. I feel like it was lacking a big impact. Hope for the best next year!
How to for the show was… How to organize packing when moving. There is a lot of moving going on with school starting in a few weeks so I hope my list helps!
- Keep only the amount of items you need. Esp with kitchen items. You don’t need 5 spatulas
- Sort through worn out and old items. See what you want need to replace.
- Find right sized boxes. Heavy objects like boxes in small boxes and light items like pillow in large ones.
- Heavy items on the bottom of boxes. If you are packing a truck pack the heavier boxes towards the front for balance.
- Don’t leave empty spaces in the boxes!
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box. You can colour coordinate your boxes with post its
- Make sure boxes are taped well! Use a couple of pieces of tape to close the bottom and top seams, then use one of the movers’ techniques―making a couple of wraps all the way around the box’s top and bottom edges, where stress is concentrated
- Consider what items need special packing. TVs, and breakable items for example. Bubble wrap is your best friend
- Make sure your furniture fits in the space you are putting it into!
That’s all for the blog! Tune in Wednesday at 11am for the next show!