My dad is in town for some business and wants to take me for a free dinner which means no show tonight. I know you’re miserable so to make it up to you, here are a few things to make you smile.
Since your musical horizons will need to wait another week to keep expanding, here are a few tunes to tide you over.
1. The Naked and Famous – Hearts Like Ours. This is the first single off TNAF’s upcoming album, In Rolling Waves, which comes out September 16.
2. Lana Del Rey – Hollywood. I’m not the biggest fan of Lana (blasphemy, I know) but, I really like this song. You should too.
3. Vancouver Sleep Clinic – Vapour. If you’re a Bon Iver/Justin Vernon/Volcano Choir fan, you’ll love this guy from Australia. If not, at least it’s a new tune for your bed time playlist.
Not sure where you’re going to get your community haps?! I’m not about to leave you short changed so here’s what’s going down this weekend, around town.
1. Tonight kicks off the Music & Movies In the Park! Don’t forget your food bank donation.
2. The Serbian Food Festival kicks off on Saturday.
3. If motorcycles are your jam, you’ll want to check out the Rock & Rumble Motorcycle show on Saturday afternoon in Downtown Kitchener.
4. The 4th instalment of the Button Factory’s Once Around the Block is on the 27th.
5. Downtown Kitchener’s Food Truck mini-festival is on Sunday. Please go. I’m not in town and therefore cannot enjoy the food truck wonderfulness but you can. Go for us both.
So much to do, so little time. Oh and while you’re at it, why not vote for your favourite local loves in the Cord Community Edition’s Best of Waterloo Region?
See you next week!