Good Morning to all you beautiful radio listeners!
DJ Kpop is here for the blog to satisfy your Morning Show cravings.
Let’s start off with some KW happenings today. Princess Twin has films Before Midnight 9:00pm, Before Midnight at 9:00pm, Much Ado About Nothing 9:00pm and Unfinished Song at 7:00pm. Original Princess Cinema has the film The Kings of Summer at 7:00pm and 9:00pm. Free Mediation today at Grand River Unitarian Congregation Building: 299 Sidney Street South from 7:30-8:45pm.Whether you are new to meditation or are an old hand, and irregardless of your religious affiliation, you are welcome to join us!
Entertainment news today The new Hunger Games: Catching Fire trailer is released at Comic Con. The movie will be in theatres November, 22, 2013. Jack Osbourne is urging fans to petition Rolling Stone to donate profits from its August 2013 issue, The Bomber, to victims of the Boston Marathon attack.Critics accused Rolling stone of glamourizing terrorism by putting a flattering portrait of the teenager on newsstands. The image is similar in style to iconic Rolling Stone portraits of rock and roll legends Bob Dylan and Jim Morrison. Jack tweeted: “Enough talk. Challenge @RollingStone to #DonateAllProfits from latest issue to Boston bombing victims. Sign petition…”. Rolling stone defended their story “The cover story we are publishing this week falls within the traditions of journalism and Rolling Stone’s long-standing commitment to serious and thoughtful coverage of the most important political and cultural issues of our day,” it read in part.The petition had earned over 150 signatures so far.
The How To for the day is for you socially awkward butterflies to break out of your cocoon and left the world see your beautiful colours!
How to pretend you an dance!
1. Move to the music. Let the music be your guide, and just move your body along with the rhythm and beats. You don’t have to do impressive steps — just let the music take you away.
2. Snap your fingers or clap your hands. If you’re really at a loss on how to move, then just look like you’re having fun by snapping your fingers while swaying your body from side to side. Just don’t clap too much — you don’t want to draw too much attention to yourself.
3. Go to the YMCA. In order to start small on the dance floor, join in during a dance that has traditional steps and gestures, such as “YMCA” by the Village People, “Staying Alive”, by the Bee Gees, “The Time Warp”, or a line dance such as Kool & the Gang’s “Celebrate” or even “Macarena” (that is, if that song is still played).
4. Grab a partner. If you’re at a party with someone you feel close to or comfortable with, then let them guide you on the dance floor, by imitating their steps to a degree. It’ll also be easier for you to let loose and get accustomed to the moves if you hold your partner’s hands while dancing.
5. Talk to your partner. You don’t need to actually hold your partner’s hands, but talking to her while you’re moving your body will at least distract you from the task at hand, so you’ll be able to move minimally while randomly talking to your partner.
6. Talk to your partner. You don’t need to actually hold your partner’s hands, but talking to her while you’re moving your body will at least distract you from the task at hand, so you’ll be able to move minimally while randomly talking to your partner.
7. Sing along. By the same token, if the music is too loud or you find it difficult to actually talk to your partner while dancing, at least sing along to the music, which will help you move to the rhythm, and distract you from trying to dance perfectly.
8. Do less than more. If you feel very awkward or uncomfortable on the dance floor, try to do less rather than trying to show off. Just avoid drawing attention to yourself, and stick to basic moves such as swaying, moving from side to side, and moving your body more than your feet.
Summer problems today would be waking up by yard work. My beauty sleep was interrupted by my maintenance guy at my apt trimming the bushes and shrubs at my bedroom window. This is not my idea of wake up call.
That’s all for the blog today! Tune in Wednesday 11am for the next Morning Show!