Top of the morning to ya!
DJ Kpop is here for the blog fulfilling all your Morning Show needs.
KW happenings for today are a bit slower than usual. It is Monday so most of you want to get in your comfy’s after a long day and bum out at home (which I will be doing also). If you are in mood to do something something today Kitchener Community Blood Donor Clinic is open today 2:30pm to 7:30pm at Kitchener Mennonite Brethren Church, 19 Ottawa street North. Everyone is more than welcome to just drop in. There is always yummy cookies waiting for your after you donate blood! Princess Twin Cinema has films Before Midnight at 6:45pm, Hannah Arendt at 6:50pm, The East at 9:05pm and The Bling Ring at 9:00pm. Original Princess has films The Angels’ Share at 6:50pm and Frances Ha at 9:00pm.
Entertainment news for the day Lonely island adds to their playlist this week the song “We Need Love”.The song was released this week and is available on youtube for your viewing pleasure. Justin Timberlake and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis top the list of best-selling recording artist at the midyear point of 2013. Who will go to top? Latest concept of advertising is having ads pumped into the brain of passengers who lean their head on the windows of trains…I’m serious! The German broadcaster Sky Deutschland is the brilliant mind behind this idea. He says the idea is simple, you lean your head on a train window and we tell you ( and only you) to wake up and download app. Let the people sleep man! Warner Brothers is will try out 50$ Mega Ticket promotion for Pacific Rim available in Canada at Cineplex theatres. The deal includes pre-buy a digital ultraviolet copy of the movie for $19.99 promised to arrive before anyone else can get it, plus 725 points for it’s loyalty program (scene points) and some exclusive extra content all viewable on the Cineplex store website.
How To for the day is great for pranksters out there… How to freak out your roommate! Here your steps:
- Collect potatoes. Paint faces on them and give them names and you should name one after your roommate. Wait a few days a bake the potato that was named after your roommate and explain to your roommate “ he didn’t belong”
- Move everything to one side of the room.Ask your roommate how much does an elephant weigh then look at the empty space in your room with concern.
- Buy some knives and sharpen them every night. Then when your roommate walks by mutter “soon, soon”
- Tell your roommate, “Ive got an important message for you.” Then pretend to faint. When you recover, say you can’t remember what the message was. Later on, say, ”Oh, yeah, I remember!” Pretend to faint again. Keep this up for several weeks.
- While your roommate is out, glue your shoes to the ceiling. When your roommate walks in, sit on the floor, hold your head, and moan.
- Make a sandwich. Don’t eat it, leave it on the floor. Ignore the sandwich. Wait until your roommate gets rid of it, and then say, ”Hey, where the heck is my sandwich!?” Complain loudly that you are hungry.
- Every time your roommate walks in yell, ”Hooray! You’re back!” as loud as you can and dance around the room for five minutes. Afterwards, keep looking at your watch and saying, ”Shouldn’t you be going somewhere?’
- Talk back to your Rice Krispies. All of a sudden, act offended, throw the bowl on the floor and kick it. Refuse to clean it up, explaining, ”No, I want to watch them suffer.”’
Summer problems for the day are not able to get a summer student job. I have no idea how my friends find these jobs? I feel like the only way to get a good summer student job is through knowing people (anyone want to get to know me?). Oh well I will keep trying and hope the best next summer!
That’s all for the blog today! Thanks for reading!
Tune in Wednesday 11am for the next show!