Hey there radio land listeners! DJ Kpop is here for the blog!
It was a sticky Wednesday with the humidity but Lukis and I kept it cool for you with our show.
Let’s get right into the KW happenings for today. Jane Bond has DJ GOLD SOUNDZ Spinning power pop & more!No cover DJ at 10 PM 19+. Dinosaur Wednesday at UW Earth Science Museum. It is from 1pm-2pm. Free event for school, camp, club and group tours of the Earth Sciences Museum at the University of Waterloo! .Chris Isaak is performing in the Kitchener Centre Square . Chris Issak is a classic rock musician known for his hit in 1985 Wicked Game. All ages $25-$95 – starts at 8pm.
Entertainment news Apple and Time Warner Cable are nearing a deal that would bring new channels to the computer maker’s set-top box, Apple TV, for subscribers of the cable television service. Apple has been expanding its offerings on the device, which connects Web videos and other media to the traditional televisionChristian Bale Won’t be in ‘Justice League” Christian Bale will not reprise his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman in DC Comics’ upcoming Justice League movie. The film’s screenwriter, David S. Goyer, confirms that this incarnation of Batman will be a rebooted character.Beck Released new song “I wont be long” yesterday.It is available on You Tube to stream only as of the moment. “I won’t be long” will not be on Beck’s new album coming out this year but “I Won’t Be Long” will see release as a limited edition 12″ vinyl that includes a 15-minute extended version.
How to of the day is of great knowledge of how to survive am outdoor music festival.
- Make sure you get a group of friends to go with you. It’s always better to travel in groups of people you can trust and are guaranteed fun
- Travel lightly. Only bring the things you will need like cash, sunscreen, towel, water bottle. You should check before packing your bag the do’s and don’t bring list to the festival you are attending.
- Keep hydrated and cool. Dress as lightly as you can ex. shorts, dress.. you know the drill. You should bring a bottle of water with you (that has been pre-sealed). Festivals have water stations where you can fill up your bottle of water for free! It is important to take breaks in the shade. I recommend in between sets.
- If you are going to see a band that could have potential mosh pit know your place in crowd. If you are near or at the front you will be in the mosh pit and be prepared for it! If you wish to avoid it stand further back in the crowd. Also be aware of crowd surfers! They can sneak up on you if you are not paying attention.
- Watch you stuff. Do not leave your bag unattended and check once in awhile all your things are still in it!
Summer problems of today for Lukis is people not trimming the bushes or trees on their yard that hang over the sidewalk. He has to bush whack his way through the sidewalks. My summer problem is my terrible sunburn from not preparing properly for outdoor music festival ( hint hint, read above How To).
That’s all for the blog today folks! Remember to tune in Friday 11am for our next show!
ps. Every Wednesday is officially Waffle Wednesday