Howdy radio listeners! DJ Kpop is here for the blog today!
It was a drizzling Friday but none the less it still is a Friday of the the long weekend!
So let us get us right into the recap of the show shall we?
KW events going on tonight at Starlight has DJ Flash and Surreal! They will be spinning the best in old school hip hop, dance, and par-tay jams! Free before 11pm! 5 bucks after 11pm, doors at 10pm and 19+. Jane Bond has DJ Leanne Rhymes spinning classic rock, 60’s and 70’s garage rock, psychedelic rock, prog rock and more! No Cover! DJ at 10pm 10+. Maxwells has bands The Royal Streets and Northern Souls- 19+ from 8:30pm- 11:45pm and 5$ at the doors. If you are looking for a chill atmosphere Jazz Room has Brad Turner Quarter 8:30pm-11:30pm and 20$ at the door. The highly well reviewed play “Look Back in Anger” is on tonight at 8pm-11pm 10$ at the door or tickets in advance. It is taking place at Hagey Hall 180 University of Waterloo. Ballroom dancing in the Waterloo Public Square! It is a free dance lesson starting at 8:30pm-9:30pm.
Entertainment news for the day is Kim and Kanye had a baby girl! Congrats to them but not so much on the name of the child. They named the baby girl North West…I’m sure you can add in the punch line. Some Comic Con news The X-Files is heading to San Diego Comic-Con 2013! The iconic series will be celebrating its 20th anniversary at the convention with a panel on Thursday, July 18. Film news Fifty Shades of grey release date for North American theatres on Friday, August 1, 2014. I’m personally looking forward to the reviews of this film. It should be interesting. My Space new big thing? Myspace said Thursday that its refurbished social network is off to a good start, attracting 31 million unique visitors in the two weeks since it started a massive $20 million advertising campaign to craft its image as a cool place for creatives and music fans.
Your How To for today is… How not to have a hangover! I know most of you will be partying this weekend here are some tips how to avoid drinking and be safe.
.Know you limits. Recommend you do not have have more than 3 drinks in 1-2 hour period. No more than 5 beverages in one night
- Eat before going out so alcohol isn’t absorbed as quickly
- Stick with one type of alcohol. Warning of cocktails.. if you have too many of mixes of alcohol in your body you will be facing a hangover.
- Choose light liquors like vodka or gin or dark liquors like brandy or whiskey.
- Be careful with the bubbly! It will literally go straight to your head! tudies have shown that the effects of bubbles in alcohol increases the delivery of alcohol through your system and cause you to become intoxicated faster.
- Stay Hydrated . Have a glass of water before and after consuming alcohol
- Be Happy! You will have a much better time. Research suggest if you have a negative feelings while drinking you will have a worst hangover
- Eat a healthy breakfast! That include fruit, wholegrain toast and honey. They will help restore the lost potassium, fructose and sodium caused by alcohol
Summer Problems for today I would have to say how much hotel rooms are on long weekends in the summer! I know for a fact in Niagara Falls they jack up the price twice as much for the long weekend. Sigh… I recommend to book early!
That’s all for the blog today! Hope you all enjoy a safe long weekend!