In celebration of Hot97’s annual hip-hop mega festival in I feel like I should bring yall up to speed on some of the mind blowing-bar raising-hellla dope stuff that has happend on that New Jersey stage for 20 years. I’m counting down the top 20 biggest moments at Hot97’s Summer Jam.
20. R&B princess Aaliyah nearly didn’t get a chance to perform. (2000)
19. Kanye West brought the god to the Summer Jam stage (Hov) for a rendition of ‘Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix’ (2005)
18. Trey Songz makes out with an underage fan onstage. (2010)
17. Big Pun performed with Terror Squad. (1998)
16. Busta Rhymes resurrects Big Daddy Kane, Rakim and Slick Rick. (2006)
15. 50 Cent walks right off stage. (2004)
14. Dr. Dre, Snoop
Lion Dogg and Eminem literally tore the roof off that maaaafuggaaa. (2000)
13. Lil Kim’s nip slip. (2003)
12. Wu Tang Clan disses Hot97 at their own festival. (1997)
11. Diddy performs with the Bad Boy family. (1997)
10. Jay-Z disses 50 Cent. (1999)
9. Nas bails but Ja Rule and CamRon save the day and fill the slot. (2002)
8. Kanye West challenges Swizz Beatz to a beat-off (2007)
7. The Game throws his old G-Unit chain into the crowd. (2005)
6. T-Pain hops on stage with Jay-Z while he performs ‘Death of Auto-Tune’. (2009)
5. Eminem smashes The Source Awards. (2003)
4. 50 Cent humiliates Ja Rule & Irv Gotti. (2003)
3. Biggie has the performance of a lifetime.. for real. (1995)
2. Jay-Z sons Prodigy. (2001)
1. Jay-Z brings out Michael Jackson. (2001)
There you have it! This year had some really interesting stuff happen too but to hear all about ’em yall gotta tune in next week at 6pm. That’s how it goesssssss.
Peace, Love & a SummerJam ticket price.