Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone is ready for a smashing blog, with super mash bros news and pirate training!
DJ Kpop is here for the blog. We had an awesome Wednesday show filled with goodies!
Let’s first get into KW events tonight for all y’all! Maxwell’s is having bands Hawkeyes, Shooting Guns, 10 x the Hate – 19+8:30 pm – 11:30 pm 5$ at the door. Starlight has the band Gold and Youth with special guests Still Life Still and Imaginary Cities. $12 advance tickets. Doors at 8 PM 19+. There has not been any notice that the show is sold out so get your tickets now! If you want to chance it at the door I have not been able to find a price for the door but I recommend bring 25$ in cause its more than 12$. Jane Bond has DJ GOLD SOUNDZ Spinning power pop & more! No cover!! DJ at 10 PM 19+.
Entertainment news for today has lots happening in the tech world! Google bought the app Waze for 1.1 billion dollars. Waze is a social mapping location data. It tracks you as you drive and updates of traffic, road info and how much it cost you to get there. New Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!! Confirmed Smash Bro characters:Mario, Samus, Fox, Link, Pikachu, Pit, Boweser, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer. Stages revealed included Battlefield location, one set on the train from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Mega Man 2’s Dr. Wily Stage, Skyloft from Skyward Sword, and more. The gameplay of the game does not have significant changes. Celeb news, Simon Cowell gets egged on stage… literally. Simon Cowell, Britain Got talent judge got egged by a woman who was a back up orchestra player during a performance. She got up from playing and threw 5 eggs at him with a grin on her face. She actually hit one on Simon and soon security stopped her. Sad music news, Mumford and Sons bassist suffered from a blood clot on the surface of his brain. He is being hospitalized and is going into surgery. The band confirms on their website Ted Dwane the bassist will recover quickly from surgery. They have postponed shows in Woodlands, and New Orleans but insist they are not planing to cancel or postpone any other dates on their tour in Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and Japan. We send all the good health from us! Happier note for music news Dinosaur Bones is releasing a new album called “Shaky Dream” this summer on August 6. They made this announcement yesterday on the bands website. They also have released a album teaser trailer video. Radio Laurier has done a few interviews with Dinosaur Bones in the past and they are an awesome band. They are of a indie genre so if you are into that music I highly recommend checking them out! Film news Film news, the trailer for Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” is available for viewing pleasure. The new movie will be out on December 3rd.
How To today is…… How to act like a Pirate! Here are your 5 easy steps for such.
1. Dress the part. Break out that eye patch, hat and peg leg. No self-respecting pirate would be caught dead without them. You get bonus points if your hat has a skull and crossbones on it.
2. Learn the lingo. To really act like a pirate you must talk like one. Phrases like “Ahoy matey,” “Shiver me timbers” and the old standby “Aaaargh” are sure to apprise people of your pirate status.
3. Drink rum. Lots and lots of rum. This is even more effective if you call it “Grog” and shout “Yo ho ho” while drinking it.
4. Invest in a parrot. To really act like a pirate you need a parrot. Train him or her to sit on your shoulder and curse at passers-by.
5. Set sail for the high seas. Acting like a pirate isn’t all about the fashion sense. You need to go plunder and pillage your way to infamy. Find a ship, a cannon, and some minions to do your bidding and you’ll be well on your way to terrorizing the high seas.
Summer problems of the show was graduation. Recently the class of 2013 Golden Hawks gradated last week. I was talking to some of my friends who were recent grads said it was ending of era in their life. Afterwards the hype of the graduation there was a lull in their lives. I do wish all the graduates all the best of luck in the world!
That’s all for the the blog today! Remember to tune in Friday 11am for the next show!