Hey hey hey radio land listeners! Dj Kpop is hurr for the blog!
Lukis and I started a bit later than usually at 11:30. We still have an awesome show for you guys!
We talked about some events for your Friday afternoon and night happenings in KW. Starlight has every Friday night with DJs Flash and Surreal! Spinning the best in old school hip hop, dance and party jams! FREE BEFORE 11 PM $5 after 11 PM. Doors at 10 PM 19+. Maxwell’s is having Maxwell’s 5th Anniversary Bash! 19+ 8:30 pm – 11:45 pm. Musical special guests TBA. Jane Bond has every Friday night DJ LEANNE RHYMES. Classic rock, 60’s & 70’s garage rock, psychedelic rock, prog rock and more! No coverDJ at 10 PM 19+. The City of Waterloo Museum presents Canadian Comic Creators. This exhibit features the creative work of award-winning Waterloo cartoonist Scott Chantler. The exhibition will touch upon the golden-age of Canadian comic creators with a rare collection of early Canadian comic books. Friday May 31 2013, 9:30am-4pm.
Onto some entertainment news Grumpy cat is getting a movie! It will be a garfield- like “big family comedy” Courtney love placed an ad on craiglist for a female bass player but received no love. Love quotes in response to the lack of responses to her ad “”I got exactly one response. There’s just not a lot of chick bass players.” Sure that’s why? Andy Warhols famous painting of banana would be license by the Any Warhol Foundation for the image use on iPods and iPads.Velvet Underground former members who was managed by Andy Warhol and had the painting displayed for their 1967 album “The Velvet Underground and Nico” argued “ the banana image had become synonymous with the group and that it shouldn’t be used by any other entity”. Back in September U.S District Court dismissed Velvet Undergrounds initial claims when the judge ruled they did not have valid copyright claim on the image. However the judge did not rule who actually owned the image the band sought both damages and an injunction to stop the Warhol Foundation from licensing the image in the future; but the terms of the settlement were not disclosed. The trial was set to begin on July 29th. Lukis and I discussed why not try a Kiwi for iPods and iPads? I would rather have a Kiwi than a banana on my iPhone case.
We taught on How to segment of the show today on…. How to tell if someone is an alien from OUTER SPACE!
Here are our 9 signs.
1. Aliens often wear huge sunglasses to hide their eyes.
2. Aliens have cold and clammy skin
3. They smell. Aliens use all manner of deodorants, perfumes, or lotions to disguise their natural scent, which is offensive to humans.
4. Aliens are obsessed with technology. They spend hours chatting on cell phones and sending e-mails. But they’re not conversing with people — they’re actually transmitting data they’ve accumulated back to their home worlds
5. Aliens have strange bodily proportions.
6. Aliens have strange diets. Aliens may not be able to digest most human foods (watch out for vegetarians)
7. Aliens dance in inhuman ways. Most alien species have a completely different physiology than ours.
8. Aliens do not understand Earth’s sense of humour. A simple knock-knock joke can throw them completely off. They might laugh at inappropriate times — like during a funeral — or stare blankly at the funniest jokes.
9. Aliens dress in oddly revealing clothes. Aliens find clothing irritates their flesh, so the less of it they wear, the more comfortable they are.
I hoped you learned a little from this post and have a fantastic weekend!